Frequently Asked Questions
This page outlines some of the most frequently asked questions at Gotham Medical Associates. Click on a question below to view the answer. If you have a question that’s not answered below, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Medicare, Oxford, United Healthcare, Aetna, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Cigna, Healthnet, Guardian, GHI, HIP, 1199, Magnacare.
The Liberty Endoscopy Center (LEC) is a state-of-the-art ambulatory endoscopy center (ASC), fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare service, patient care, and operational excellence. GMA’s gastroenterologists are fully credentialed to perform endoscopic procedures. The center aims to make each patient’s procedure as efficient and pleasant as possible by maintaining the personal attention of an office-based procedure while ensuring hospital level safety standards.
If you are having a colonoscopy or an upper endoscopy, you must make arrangements to have a responsible adult escort you home from the center.
An escort is also required for a sigmoidoscopy if you will be receiving sedation. If you are unable to have an escort meet you at the center, a private escort service is available (at your cost) to take you home anywhere within the five boroughs of New York City.
The fee is $77 and does not include the cost of transportation. Please contact Partners in Care at 212-609-7700 (Option 2) and make sure to reference Liberty Endoscopy Center when you provide your credit card details.
You will need to contact them at least 24 hours in advance of your procedure. You will not be able to undergo your procedure if you have not made arrangements to have an escort take you home from the center.
- If you are coming for a procedure (EGD, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy), please review our Information for Patients Undergoing Procedures and also download and review the Liberty Endoscopy Center brochure (see Patient Forms page)
- If you are coming for a consultation, please print and fill out the New Patient Forms and bring them with you along with a referral from your primary care doctor if you have a HMO insurance plan
- A list of your current medications
- Insurance information and card
- Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
We are affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital and NYU Langone Medical Center.
The Liberty Endoscopy Center (LEC) is a state-of-the-art ambulatory endoscopy center (ASC), fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare service, patient care, and operational excellence. GMA’s gastroenterologists are fully credentialed to perform endoscopic procedures.